Image above captured on the upper deck of the layout where scenery has progressed to some extent...
Shot with Olympus C-750

Welcome to the SP Oregon Division!

An N Scale RR depicting the good old days along "The Friendly".

Thursday, August 13, 2020

Lumber Mill Structures


I have reworked some of the trackage for my Pope and Talbot lumber mill at Oakridge. There are now two tracks in the back to handle the increase of woodchip traffic that JMRI Ops (generated switchlists) needed to keep car flow moving. The track arrangement is actually closer to the original SPINS configuration this way (my only current view of what trackage looked like) Was happy to find Republic Locomotive Works still offered their (laser) woodchip loader that I needed to have a matching pair. 
Still begging for some stain

 I also picked up one of their bin loaders for my planned fleet of chip truck haulers (Hello, Trainworx?). This was another laser wood kit that I still have to add the ladders onto, but its got a coat of green paint (since this shot) and getting close to completion. 

I also relocated a couple other tracks which made more room for placement of my loading warehouse kitbash. It was a combination of two Bingen kits from Reiten Models (well executed laser wood kit). 

The mill property fills a corner that was landscaped with hardshell scenery. It has recently had the stark white plaster covered with some ground color (ha, it could be 20 years old at this point). I relocated the Walthers lumber mill (another unfinished kitbash) from where the warehouse sits more to the front since its footprint wasnt playing nice for operator access (I wish it had been more feasible to invert it the opposite configuration). Eventually there will be an array of pneumatic tubes blowing sawdust to all the loaders and the slash burner. Pondering where to cut in a service road as the whole plant is currently land locked...

No comments:

Post a Comment